Have fun and be creative!
Food Web Project
Directions: Create a food web for an ecosystem that is nearby. For example a
forest, stream, backyard, saltmarsh, or beach. You are encourage to choose an
ecosystem that you are familiar with. You should organize your food web so that
relationships between organisms are demonstrated (like we did in class).
Vocabulary to keep in mind:
Your food web should:
- have 15 - 20 organisms represented in the food web.
- identify the name of each organism.
- include arrows to indicate the flow of energy.
- have at least 2 of every trophic level represented (decomposer, producer, consumer).
- show many organisms interacting.
- contain a sketch for each organism.
- use a ruler to draw straight lines.
- contain color.
- contain a title (example - A Tidal Pool Food Web).
- contain your name and group.